I told my husband last night that I was really struggling with how much to reveal on my public blogging website. Most guys would have turned with a look of uneasiness and said, “Nothing!” Alex, on the other hand, remained focused on the TV show, ‘The Good Wife’, and replied, “Whatever you want.”
I wasn’t sure if he was listening, so I told him I might be talking about vaginas. He shrugged, then glanced over at me for a second, and asked if I would bring him the chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.
I must say, I was a little disappointed that he didn’t try to muzzle me down. I would now have carte blanche in the world of blogging and be limited merely by my own fears and insecurities.
I’m hoping that when you visit my website, you will leave with something that touches you. Maybe you will find yourself laughing. Or maybe you will shed a tear now and then, but my main goal is to connect with you by sharing some of my innermost thoughts. Below, are a few things to help you get to know me.
1. My best writing thoughts happen upon waking, so I sometimes stay in bed for up to two hours writing things down as fast as I can on a legal pad that I keep within arm’s reach. Then I hope I can make it to the bathroom in time.
2. I grew up two blocks from the rapper “Eminem” on 8 Mile in Detroit. Unfortunately, a generation too early to have given him a run for his money. Money neither of us had.
3. I leave drawers open and can’t figure out why.
4. I don’t like fancy cars and I’d hate to have to drive one.
5. When I knock on wood, it’s always on my right hip when I’m thinking of something I want to come true. I did this once in a dentist’s chair and he stopped drilling, to ask if I was all right.
6. I got a 175-yard hole-in-one in 1983 with a 3-wood, then shot a 10 on the next hole.
7. Someone I’d like to meet is Travis Barker, the drummer from the band “Blink 182”.
8. The very first piece I ever wrote was my Dad’s obituary. The editor asked if she could publish it as a 3-page feature story.
9. Something that creeps me out, is the thought of a spider finding its way into my ear or any other orifice in the middle of the night.
10. One of my biggest fears is that I will tell you way more than I should.
That will get you started.